Wai Ming's Story

Our Love, His Faithfulness

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

His plans are for me...

Yesterday evening, at about 6.30pm, I was driving off from my office and there was a very bad jam. As I was caught in this jam along Jalan Istana, and the cars were all moving slowly along the road, I saw the evening skyline and I was just dreaming and thinking away...

Then I heard the Lord spoke to me,"For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." He reminded me about Jeremiah 29:11, and during that time, Jeremiah sent a letter to the exiles of Israel at Babylon, reminding them that God is in control and that even though the situation may seem bad, but He is still in control. The words kept ringing in my head.

I asked God,"Lord, why must I go through all these? You know that I don't like to go through things like that. It's tough, it's testing. It's the same thing, the same story and I am tired of it."

He reminded me again on Jeremiah 29:11.

He reminded me also that I have to take courage and step out in faith. Not just sit and complain. Jeremiah was a person who had a lot of fear in his heart as well and God moulded him. Fear God, not men, I am reminded. But it's easier said than done. Especially when the intimidator is directly in front of you. God says, "Take courage for I am with you."

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go" - Joshua 1:9

Last night, when I reached home, again, he reminded me again on Jeremiah 29:11. I am assured of His plans but I just do not know what they are. He has been faithful to both of us here, in every aspect of the way.

Both Elaine and I are constantly reminded so much about His love and His faithfulness, especially in the areas of our wedding, relationship and His providence to us. And we know that He is in control.

Whatever it is Lord, let those plans you have promised us be your plans for me and Elaine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home